Dedicated to Alex Merati, Epicurean
6-8 cups Arrabbiata Sauce
1/2 cup White Wine
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
12 Shrimp, peeled, de-veined
6 Sea Scallops, quartered
12 Little Neck Clams, cleaned
12 Mussels, cleaned
1/2 cup Fresh Parsley, chopped
1 lb Linguine
1 tsp Salt
Water for Linguine
- Prepare the Arrabbiata Sauce in a large sauce pan.
- In a separate pot bring the Water and Salt to boil and cook the Linguine till al dente.
- Drain the Pasta and set aside.
- Using the same pot, add the Olive Oil, White Wine, and the Seafood and cook until the Clams and Mussels have begun to open, about 5-7 minutes. Stir so that all sides cook.
- When the Clams and Mussels have stopped opening, discard the unopened ones.
- Add the Arrabbiata Sauce to the Seafood and mix well.
- Remove from heat and plate on the Pasta, using the Parsley as garnish.
Makes about 4 servings.
NOTES: The variation of the amount of Sauce is dependent upon how much you want with your pasta. Americans tend to like more than Europeans, in my experience.